Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves 4
½ cup buttermilk
1½ cups flour
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 pound beef cube steaks
salt and pepper
oil for misting or cooking spray
1. Beat together eggs and buttermilk in a shallow dish.
2. In another shallow dish, stir together the flour, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
3. Season cube steaks with remaining salt and pepper to taste. Dip in flour, buttermilk egg wash, and then flour again.
4. Spray both sides of steaks with oil or cooking spray.
5. Cooking in 2 batches, place steaks in air fryer basket in single layer. Cook at 360°F for 10 minutes. Spray tops of steaks with oil and cook 5 minutes or until meat is well done.
6. Repeat to cook remaining steaks.