Prep time: 1 hour 20 minutes | Cook time: 17-19 minutes | Serves 4
2 pounds chicken wings
1 cup buttermilk
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
oil for misting or cooking spray
1. Cut the tips off the wings. Discard or freeze for stock. Cut remaining wing sections apart at the joint to make 2 pieces per wing. Place wings in a large bowl or plastic bag.
2. Mix together all marinade ingredients and pour over wings. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour but for no more than 8 hours.
3. Preheat air fryer to 360°F.
4. Mix all coating ingredients together in a shallow dish or on wax paper.
5. Remove wings from marinade, shaking off excess, and roll in coating mixture.
6. Spray both sides of each wing with oil or cooking spray.
7. Place wings in air fryer basket in single layer, close but not too crowded. Cook for 17 to 19 minutes or until chicken is done and juices run clear.
8. Repeat step 7 to cook remaining wings.