Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 21-25 minutes | Serves 6
1 6-ounce can tomato paste
⅔ cup water
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder
⅛ teaspoon oregano
½ pound mild Italian bulk sausage
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ large onion, cut in 1-inch chunks
4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 large green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch chunks
8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
Parmesan cheese for serving
1. In a large saucepan or skillet, stir together the tomato paste, water, tomato sauce, parsley, garlic, and oregano. Heat on stovetop over very low heat while preparing meat and vegetables.
2. Break sausage into small chunks, about ½-inch pieces. Place in air fryer baking pan.
3. Cook at 390°F for 5 minutes. Stir. Cook 5 to 7minutes longer or until sausage is well done. Remove from pan, drain on paper towels, and add to the sauce mixture.
4. If any sausage grease remains in baking pan, pour it off or use paper towels to soak it up. (Be careful handling that hot pan!)
5. Place olive oil, onions, and mushrooms in pan and stir. Cook for 5 minutes or just until tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer onions and mushrooms from baking pan into the sauce and sausage mixture.
6. Place bell pepper chunks in air fryer baking pan and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. When done, stir into sauce with sausage and other vegetables.
7. Serve over cooked spaghetti with plenty of Parmesan cheese.