Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 18 minutes | Serves 6
4 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
½ teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
½ cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
1 pound lean ground chicken
⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Spray a large skillet lightly with olive oil. Add the spinach, season lightly with salt, and cook over medium heat until the spinach has wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs, ½ teaspoon of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add the egg, chicken, spinach, and feta and stir to gently combine.
3. Using a heaping tablespoon, form 24 meatballs.
4. Lightly spray a fryer basket with olive oil.
5. Place the meatballs in the fryer basket in a single layer. Spray the meatballs lightly with olive oil. You may need to cook them in batches.
6. Air fry for 7 minutes. Turn the meatballs over and cook until golden brown, an additional 5 to 8 minutes.